Thursday, June 30, 2011

Second Chances

Well, in my life I have had a few second chances and have given a few to others.  Now, I find myself giving a second chance to one of my crochet projects that I had been working so hard on.  The project is a gorgeous monotone tissue box cover.  I had the first part of it completed and discovered that it was too long for the box it was intended for.    So after much discussion with my crochet along partner for this project, a very good friend of mine who lives in Florida, whose name is Mary, we decided I should decrease by 2 stitches.  So I ripped out 52 rows and put it aside for a few days.  I picked it back up this afternoon and am happy to report I have 14 rows completed.  The pattern calls for 68 rows, but I doubt if I will need that many.  I will let you know.

Anyhow, now that I have had a delicious dinner of lamb chops, baked potato slices and mixed veggies, all prepared by my dh, and had my dessert...apple pie made by Wegman's Grocery Store, I thought it was time to blog before I go to bed for the night.

I am wondering...how many crocheters out there are as frustrated by crochet patterns (even those we have to pay for) as I am?  Thus far, I have not had any of my projects come out and as far as I know I am following the patterns...yes, I am a newbie to crocheting, but come on...I'm a knitter and I've been following knitting patterns for years without trouble (for the most part!)...so why is it so difficult for me to follow a crochet pattern?  I'd love to hear all of your ideas and suggestions on this!

Well, I like to leave little "gifts" for you, so tonight, I will give you this in honor of my tissue box cover (the one I am working on is copyrighted so I can't give you that one, sorry)...but here is a link to a very simple but cute tissue box cover from jpfun:  Simple Tissue Box Cover Pattern  BTW, if you haven't been to this website and love to crochet, it's a great site for free patterns!

It's off to bed I go in a bit, so I'll sign off here!

Love,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment