Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good morning. It is 4:48 a.m. as I am typing this. I woke up wide awake about 2:30 a.m. Don't you just hate when that happens!?! I do...it throws my whole day off and then I tend to sleep half the day :(. What do you like to do when you have insomnia? I like to surf the web. In this morning's search I came across a recipe at Momswhothink.com that sounded so good, I thought I would share it with you. I have not tried this recipe yet, but when I do, I will let you know how it is. If you try it before I do, please let us know what you think of it!






Beef Potato Burgers and Corn on the Cob




Ingredients:


3/4 pound lean ground beef 3/4 cup finely shredded potatoes1/4 cup finely chopped onion2 Tablespoons chopped green pepper1 egg, beaten1/4 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 cup tomato juice1 tablespoon all-purpose flour1/4 cup waterHamburger rolls4-8 ears steamable frozen corn on the cob


Directions:


1. In a large bowl, combine beef, potatoes, onion, green pepper, egg and salt.
2. Shape mixture into four patties.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the beef patties on both sides. Drain.
4. Add the tomato juice to the skillet. Simmer patties in tomato juice for about 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Steam corn in microwave.
5. Transfer beef patties to a serving platter, keep warm.
6. Combine flour and water, whisking well until smooth.
7. Gradually add flour mixture to the tomato juice in the skillet, stirring while adding.
8. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Place patties on rolls. Spoon sauce over patties.
9. Serve with buttered corn on the cob. Makes 4 servings.






Speaking of recipes, my dh is going to grill out tonight, weather permitting. This will be the first time this season that we will be using our grill. I love food cooked on a grill, don't you? We're thinking of making ribs, but not sure yet.



A progress note: I worked on Paul's (my dh) afghan last night. I got two more rows worked. I really am enjoying working on the afghan. I love the colors, turquoise and green and I love the pattern itself. I can't work on it too much though, my arthritis kick in more and more often. You would think that someone like myself who works with her fingers and hands all the time, typing, knitting, crocheting, and cake decorating all use your fingers, wouldn't you think that they would be flexible and not get arthritic. I wish I had learned how to crochet years ago. I tried to learn a few times, but just could not understand it. Then, thx to my friend, Marilyn, a fellow snow bird whom I met in Myrtle Beach in February, I am now crocheting away and loving it. I am also working on different patterns for dishclothes for charity (I have completed 3 thus far!), and a shawl made it the most gorgeous yarn, and I designed a kippah for my step-daughter who collects them! When I find what I did with my camera, I will take pictures and post them on Ravelry and Meetup.



Well, I feel a yawn coming in, so I will end here for now! I may be back if on my current search I discover something interesting. Hope you are all having either sweet dreams or are having fun if you are awake (depending upon your time zone, I know :)).




Love,

Marilyn




No comments:

Post a Comment