Friday, June 10, 2011

Well, Shavuot is over and today is just another day. I slept yesterday away and today hubby is doing same. So, I thought I would tell you about what I am working on...so many things...my latest obsession is with crocheting. I am working on an afghan for my dh, a shawl for me, dishclothes for 2 different charities. I have thus far completed 1 pillow with handle (which was supposed to be a tote bag), 3 dishclothes, 1/3 of the afghan, a kipah (scullcap) for my step-daughter, and am 3/4 way done with a hook case. My favorite project thus far is the kipah. My most frustrating is my shawl. The one I want to finish is the afghan and I tried to pick it up the other day and could not get the row even begun! I think I was just over-tired and had a brain-freeze. When I find my camera again, I will take a picture of when I have accomplished and post it on Ravelry. I really love the colors of the afghan...my idea was to have it remind me of the ocean and the Cascade turquoise and green colors I chose are perfect together! You can read more about the yarns by following me at Ravelry.com. If you haven't visited Ravelry.com and are a knitter or a crochet, run, don't walk to discover this wonderful community!!! Another wonderful place to find me is at Meetup.com. I am with the Purl Jam group on both of these sites. If you don't know about Meetup.com, again, run, don't walk to visit this wonderful site of real life social groups based on common interests.

Ok, today's "gift" to you is the pattern I am using to make my hubby's afghan (as far as I know there is no copyright on it):

RIPPLE AFGHAN – CROCHET

SOURCE OF ORIGINAL PATTERN: YARN BOUTIQUE, ROCHESTER, NEW YORK; Marilyn’s Pattern Variation is Marilyn Sultar.

MATERIALS:
Size J Hook
Approximately 1600 yards heavy worsted yarn

STITCH NOTE: Dc2tog (dc decrease): Work a dc in the next stitch without completing the last step (leave last two loops on the hook), then dc in the next stitch without completing the last step (you should have 3 loops on the hook), yarn over and drawn through all the loops – decrease made.
DIRECTIONS:
Chain 150
ROW 1 (RS): Dc in 4th ch from hook, dc2tog three times, 2 dc in each of the next 6 chains, *dc2tog six times, 2 dc in next 6 ch; repeat from * across to last 8 ch, end with dc2tog three times, dc in each of next 2 ch.
ROW2 (WS): Ch3, turn (ch 3 counts as first dc) dc in 2nd dc from hook, dc2tog three times, 2 dc in each of next 6 dc, *dc2tog six times, 2 dc in next 6 dc; rep from * across to last 8 dc, end with dc2tog three times, dc in next 2 dc, dc in top of beg. Ch.

MARILYN’S VARIATION PATTERN:
I am using two colors, A & B.
With color A, work 8 rows
With color B, work 6 rows
Color A, work 4 rows
Color B, work 4 rows
Color A, work 6 rows
Color B, work 8 rows
Repeat pattern as many times as necessary to get the length you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment